Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 50 posts ] 

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:28 am

Site Admin

At this point, I would suggest calling in for a walk through. There are occasionally some Einstein/SD card combos that are less than cooperative. We can walk you through the manual process that usually works if the automatic load process does not.

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:33 am

I haven't used my CC in 12 months. I decided today to get it out and use it. I thought updating the firmware would be a good idea. Formatted 2gb micro sd with the latest firmware, fresh AAA Duracell batteries ... followed update instructions ... inserted SD with PCBUFF file on root into CC, placed fresh Duracell AAA batteries into CC screen flashed for a short while with the various flickering speeds ... nothing about v50 came up ... screen went black ... now I power up the CC and only get a white screen :(

Please tell there is something that can be done other than a trip for the CC from Australia to USA at my expense please ;)

I haven't dared touch my Einsteins yet for fear of bricking those ... please advise ASAP ... thanks

p.s going from bad to worse ... after all this I formatted the SD card put it back into the CC and now nothing ... is there a way to factory reset?

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Site Admin

There is not a "Factory Reset", per se. However, I did send an email to the email address used for this forum with a solution that should work. It is essentially a recovery firmware update, and the process to update is virtually identical to the one you just performed.

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:04 am

Good afternoon.
I have the same problems with the firmware CyberCommander CC to version 50.
Everything was done according to the instructions.
During the update the screen did not stop flashing for a long time. I had to turn off the power. Without the inclusion of the memory card does not work, black screen.

There is a way you do not otpravlt device from central Russia, and get the firmware and restore service CyberCommander?

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:52 am

Site Admin

Typically, we can send you a modified version of the firmware which will restore the CC to working order.

Do you know what version firmware you were upgrading from?

Were you using rechargeable or alkaline batteries?

Did the batteries fall out or die during the first 45 seconds of the flashing white screen?

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:10 am

During a reinsertion I used new alkaline batteries of IKEA. Batteries kept densely and didn't vypadyvat. The previous version of an insertion was established. I don't remember number of the last version.

I will be grateful for the version of an insertion for recovery of CC. And instruction on restoration.

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Site Admin

We will need to email this to you along with instructions. Please contact us at info@paulcbuff.com and request the firmware. You can put the email to Attn: David.

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:01 am

I haven't upgraded to V50 since I read that it required a recalibration. Is that still the case? I also see a lot of people with problems and you sending out 'special' updates to fix them. Is v50 the latest?

I don't store presets on my device so right now there is no need to ever handle a larger memory card. Is there a good reason to upgrade?

I have a shoot in 10 days that I want to be ready for. Will be setting everything this weekend for a run-through.

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Site Admin

For the record (as late as it is), the update no longer requires re-calibration of the light meter. It can improve battery life in some units (depending on the actual age of the unit). Also, it readies the unit for future updates when 2GB cards are even less available than they are now.

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Thanks, I've been holding off, will do it when I have a minute.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 50 posts ]