Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ] 

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:02 pm

Can anyone suggest some trouble shooting ideas? Just got my CST & CSRB today. Attached receiver to SB 900 with PC cord and hit test. Flash fires. Attached transmitter to hotshoe, release shutter, no flash. Attached transmitter to camera with PC connection, released shutter, no flash. Hit test button on transmitter, no flash. Red LED on transmitter does blink once at release of test button. Instructions say it would be blinking rapidly if the battery is dead. Channel/Frequency is on the same number. Am I missing something? Very dissapointed that this is not working right out of the box. Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

Top Top

#

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Read this post, it may help. Looks like TS is down for the day due to weather.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=115

RMS

Top Top

#

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 am

Thanks RMS,
Tech is closed due to weather. I called Friday afternoon about 4:00 and message said they were gone. Read the posts in the link. Rechecked channels, crimped PC connector, nutin'. One interesting thing in the post from Tech asked about the LED on the CSRB changing color but did not say what it should be/do.. When I press the test on the CST I get no change at all on the CSRB, just continues to blink green about once a second....I guess I'll give the tech guys a call Monday.
Scott

Top Top

#

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Site Admin

rscoggins wrote:
Thanks RMS,
Tech is closed due to weather. I called Friday afternoon about 4:00 and message said they were gone. Read the posts in the link. Rechecked channels, crimped PC connector, nutin'. One interesting thing in the post from Tech asked about the LED on the CSRB changing color but did not say what it should be/do.. When I press the test on the CST I get no change at all on the CSRB, just continues to blink green about once a second....I guess I'll give the tech guys a call Monday.
Scott

Does the LED on the CST blink red when you push the test button? If yes, it's transmitting, if no, you probably need to change the CST battery. If the CST blinks and the CSRB doesn't it's probably a defect in the CST, wrong frequency match or, possibly a defect in the CSRB. Do you have only one CSRB?

Top Top

#

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:38 pm

Luap,
Yes the CST blinks once as you release the test button. I have double checked the frequency, changed to different frequencies with the same results. Only have one CSRB.
Scott

Top Top

#

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Site Admin

I would talk to Tech Help . . . could be a fault in the CSRB or the CST. Hard to trouble shoot much beyond this by mail. We'll get it running for you one way or another. These things have been quite reliable, but stuff happens.

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Site Admin

one oft over looked thing to check is the frequency dials. There is a notch that bisects the dial, and at one end, the cut goes deeper, and appears darker. This end is this the selected frequency indicator, make sure these match on both units. Also, be aware only odd frequencies are marked, and even frequencies fall in between. As you change frequencies on either device, be sure to press the test button at least two times (though more is better for thoroughness) to allow the units to resync. You can use any frequency, but i typically have new users set thiers to "5" as it is the easiet as you just set the dials straight up. if you have additional issues, please give us a call at 1-800-443-5542, as Paul said, further troubleshooting would be difficult through Email or forum posts.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ]