Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 am

So i just got my Cyber Commander and CSR+'s for my two B800's .. got them all hooked up according to the directions ... then one of my lights trips out :shock: , flashing as fast as it's little light will go ... i shut it off and turn it back on, within minutes, it's doing the same thing ... this would be great if i wanted to play some phat (for all you hip kids out there 8-) ) music and have disco tech, but i don't think it will fly when i shoot a wedding this weekend! i think, through process of elimination, it is the CSR+ that is jacking up ... anyone ever have this kind of issue?

joey

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Site Admin

It sounds like a grounding issue. Are you plugged into a surge protector? (don't) What else is on the circuit? Is the electrical system old? The outlet needs a good ground, and as little noise as possible. If there is anything with a hight draw, especially if it has a motor, change circuits. Also, a bad battery in a CST can also cause the strobing effect.

TS

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:56 pm

I had this happen 2 weeks ago as well with one of two lights. One light worked fine the other flashed repeatedly. The solution(for me)was to power off the light, then unplug the remote line from the light, then power on the light again and plug the remote line into said light. Why this happens I don't know but maybe a new firmware update will fix it.

RMS

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Site Admin

This does not sound like a firmware issue, or even a CC issue. Most likely, it is a bad ground. Other things to check are the cabling connections, and see if changing frequency helps. Also, be sure on intial set up, you open "open from studio". After that has been done, you can save and open from a saved setting. Simply assigning a light to a channel can also lead to less than desirable behavior.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]