Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:47 pm

I have two WL Ultra 1800 units, two WL Ultra 1200 units, and one WL Ultra 600.

Oddly, they all trip wirelessly except for the 600. I measured the voltage at the PC cord and the 600 is 10 volts, others are 10.2 volts. I can short the cable and it will fire. Can 0.2 volts be that much of an issue as to why it will not fire through the wireless unit? If I plug in the large phone plug it fires, but normal operation with the others it will not.

These are all running off two Vagabond Mini's too. Also, I get the momentary flicker off the modeling lamps of all the units post firing even though the modeling lights are turned off, but I unscrewed them a bit to stop that.

However, has something gone askew in the 600?

Mack

Top Top

#

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Site Admin

What is the behavior when using an AC wall outlet?

Are you trying to use the Remote port (i.e. LG4X or Cyber Commander) or are you using the Sync Jack?

Top Top

#

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Technical Support wrote:
What is the behavior when using an AC wall outlet?

Are you trying to use the Remote port (i.e. LG4X or Cyber Commander) or are you using the Sync Jack?

Back to testing today...

Wall outlet was the same as with the Vagabond-Mini: No fire with wireless (Not your CC remote wireless, but a sequencer with some Photix Odin wireless units.). All others fire normally, aside from the brief modeling light flickering which can be fixed by unscrewing the tungsten bulbs.

This is with the 1/4" sync plug too, not the phone cable one. Anything about the Ultra 600 series fires fine Two Ultra WL 1200's and two Ultra WL 1800's both work fine), but the 600 won't.

Not a big deal, just annoying if only 0.2 volts for the PC sync is the issue - maybe.

Mack

Top Top

#

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Site Admin

Ok, 10V vs 10.2V is not going to make a difference in triggering. Have you swapped this head with another heads position? It could be a faulty wire or faulty sequencer output.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]