Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:21 am

Are the Einsteins and Ultra 1800's compatible with the new Cactus V6 transceivers? It could be handy and simple to mix and adjust both my speedlights and Einsteins with the V6 if that's possible. It's cumbersome to control speedlights with the cybercommander and it only controls the firing, not their power output. Thanks

Top Top

#

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:43 am

Site Admin

Our lights could be triggered by the Cactus V6, though they are not compatible with power control.

Top Top

#

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 pm

If the V6 will not control the Einsteins power level, can I use the cybercommander to control the Einsteins power level only, and the V6 for triggering? That's not ideal, but at least I could mix strobes and speedlights and control the power to all of them remotely.

Top Top

#

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 am

Site Admin

Yes. You can trigger via the Sync jack or slave eye with means other than CyberSync, even if using CyberSync in the top slot for adjustment.

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:24 am

Hi, I just wanted to give an update on this. I bought a few Cactus V6 transceivers to experiment with. I found that they work great in combination with my Einsteins! I attached one V6 to the camera hotshoe as a transmitter to my speedlights, which have V6's attached to them as receivers. Then I mounted the Cybercommander to the top of the V6 on the camera hotshoe. Now I can totally control "power on/off" and "flash output power" to all of my Einsteins, Ultra's and speedlights individually right from my camera!! It's a beautiful thing and works perfectly without any issues! The other nice things about this setup is that the V6 receivers work with all my different speedlights, even a cheap Bower model not listed in the V6 menu. At $54.95 each from Adorama, this seems to be the bomb for mixing PB strobes and speedlights!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]