Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sun May 03, 2015 7:25 pm

I have the trigger CST. I'm about to rent a Sony a6000. Realized that the hot shoe is different than norm. Will the CST work on that shoe. Is it the same for the Sony A7II?

Top Top

#

Sun May 03, 2015 8:56 pm

GaryCulley wrote:
I have the trigger CST. I'm about to rent a Sony a6000. Realized that the hot shoe is different than norm. Will the CST work on that shoe. Is it the same for the Sony A7II?

Yes, I have the A6000 and no problems with the CST, Cyber Commander, or my Nikon flash. The CST and CC have non-conductive feet so no problem; I have had a problem with conductive foot devices, but you just need to back the foot off a millimeter or so from fully forward since the modern Sony hot shoe has communication/control contacts up front.

Top Top

Website

#

Sun May 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Site Admin

All A7 series cameras, NEX-6, A3000 and A6000 (And the A99, A77II and maybe the A58) have a near-ISO hotshoe, which means standard hotshoe items should work without an adapter, Like the CST.

However, Sony flashes that use this hotshoe have "toes" that are a little too long to fit in most hotshoe adapters, so some additional work is required there.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]