Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:19 am

I own several PocketWizards that I use with shoe-mount flashes. I am planning to buy a couple Alien Bees (to start with) and get the Cyber Commander and CyberSync CSR+ receivers. Would it be possible to trigger the PocketWizards by connecting a CyberSync CSRB+ to a PocketWizard via a cable (e.g., 1/8" to 1/8") between the two? Just hoping there is some way to utilize my investment in the PocketWizards and shoe-mount flashes.

Thank you.

Gary

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:01 pm

If you want to use the pocket wizards along with the cybers you might try plugging in the pocket wizard to the pc sync of your camera using the 1/8 inch - pc cable in the PW kits. Then place the cyber receiver in the hot shoe. I have not tired it, but I think it should work.
Jim

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Site Admin

Hey Gary,
Jim's idea will certainly work, if your camera has a PC outlet. A CSRB+ connected to a Pocket Wizard set to transmit, will trigger the PW, which will then relay the signal to other PW's. Also, we sell a cable to attach a CST/CyberCommander to a PW in the hotshoe. This will cause the PW to fire from the hotshoe, sending a signal to other PW's. As well it will send a signal out of its miniphone jack to the CST/CC, which will then relay the signal to other CS components. The main thing to keep in mind is you will be running two parallel systems, not really integrating the two together.

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Thank you for the information. I don't have a PC connection on my camera, so that method was out. I understand the two systems won't be integrated, but that will at least allow me to use my existing equipment as I grow my systems.

Thanks again,

Gary

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Gary you can buy a Hotshoe adapter with a sync port which will allow you to use both your Cyber Syncs and Pocket Wizards. Here are a couple from FlashZebra.com. http://www.flashzebra.com/products/0156/index.shtml
http://www.flashzebra.com/products/0158/index.shtml

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]