Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ] 

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Now that things are calming down a little bit, how about designing an Einstein Ringlight? There should be a good demand for them - I know that I'd buy one.

Also, how about an all black (no orange) Vagabond case.

c.d.embrey

Top Top

#

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Yes! an Einstein Ring flash would be great. Basically, the bar has been raised with the einstein and cc, that I want that quality and that interface on everything else in the system now.

All black cases would be a nice option.

And I second or third or quadruple the requests in other threads for a silicone "bumper" case for the cybercommander, with a lanyard ring.

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm all for progress in technology, and the digital 1/10th's/ CC control would be pretty hot -

But ya know, a part of me still thinks the current ABR800 is sitting right where it should be in terms of price/performance/function. Maybe it's because rings are mostly one-trick ponies (though, the Moon Units are pretty cool) - that it kinda makes sense not to make it all 'MO BETTA, MO EXPENSIVURRR'. I dunno, JMHO. :)

That said, in what areas/functions would you improve on the current ABR for a premium?

Oh yeah & +1 for all black, all the time. 8-)

Top Top

Website

#

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 pm

Another vote for an Einstein Ringlight. Would love a ringlight but I want the color consistency of the Einstein. Maybe Paul will have some free time as Einstein V2 and PLM V2 are starting to roll off the line...?

Top Top

#

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:54 pm

An Einstein ring light would be a great addition to teh line up ... I would definitely add it to my wish list.

Perhaps It would be a good idea to publish a roadmap detailing near to mid term plans for the Einstien line of products... It would certainly be of use to potential buyers.

For example I would like to see a bigger Einstein units ... say 1200ws or more or possibly a zeus replacement based on Einstein technology..

Regards

Patrick

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:00 pm

broad daylight wrote:
Another vote for an Einstein Ringlight. Would love a ringlight but I want the color consistency of the Einstein. Maybe Paul will have some free time as Einstein V2 and PLM V2 are starting to roll off the line...?

What he said. I would want an Einstein ring for all the above reasons. I also would like a higher powered Einstein. How about a roadmap Paul.

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Quote:
How about a roadmap Paul.

I certainly wouldn't attempt an answer on behalf of Mr. Buff, but it is rare for technology companies to lay out detailed product roadmaps, lest they jeopardize sales of existing products (most famously, Adam Osborne and the Osborne II luggable PC). Some companies do provide a nebulous, hazy look ahead, but little that's product specific. Mr. Buff tends to be unusually and remarkably forthcoming in sharing future product ideas, much more so than other companies. Perhaps that contributes to his company's high degree of customer loyalty. Count me among the loyalists.

Top Top

#

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:39 am

Not having a roadmap could also deter potential buyers.. Some potential buyers into a system may view the lack of information about near to mid term plans as a reason not to buy.

Anyone for whom a ringlight or a monoblock with higher power levels is an immediate requirement will currently have to disqualify the Einstein .... or opt for the AB (without the colour consistency & short flash duration benefits) or opt for another brand.

Someone looking to by into a system will be reassured that there are plans to fill the gaps in the product line up.

I am personally saving up to buy into a setup with at least 3 Einsteins + Modifiers + CC etc... Hopefully this will happen within the next couple of months (funds permitting). I would would love to be able to buy a ringlight with the same features as the Einstein. I think PCB has the basis for a killer system and would like to see it grow ... Combine that system with the existing level of great customer service and I beleive that PCB are poised to win and win big time. At least they certainly deserve to.

My 2c worth :-)

Patrick

Top Top

#

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:12 am

I would love to see a Einstein Ring Light too, pairing this with the Einstein will produce amazing results! :)

Top Top

#

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 am

ditto.

And since it is tied to camera location by design, I would like it to have a limited CyberCommander capability of controlling other lights. No bulk, LED display or anything, but just enough built-in function and controls to wirelessly trigger other Einsteins and control their power.

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ]