Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 77 posts ] 

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Hello, guys, can you do us a favor and post a couple of images of the Einstein units and tell us then new dates for availability.

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Here you go!

The actual images probably won't be released until the unit has been launched. I expect after, or on Christmas day.

You can read about the new unit here,
http://www.paulcbuff.com/pcb2009/einstein.html

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:53 pm

is there a price set on these yet?

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 pm

No price has been released.

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:01 pm

The last street price I saw was $439 and change, without transceiver (which is $30).

I thought this was very reasonable, b/c I was looking at getting two, and then an x800 for a background light, bit by the time you've added the cybersyn to the x800, you exceed the price of just another Einstien...

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:10 pm

I own an elinchrom transmitter and two receivers. The receivers obviously won't be necessary for the Einsteins. I believe this question is a longshot since there is a different radio system, but is there any chance that the elinchrom transmitter will fire them?

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Site Admin

no, elinchrom remotes will not fire any CyberSync component, nor will adjust the output or any other parameter of any of our lights, like the CyberCommander and CSXCV

TS

Top Top

#

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 pm

yea, The article referenced by one of the site admins here that talks about the lights listed the price at $439. That same site has a new article up (from last week) that says

"expected to go on sale before the end of the year, with delivery expect in first half of 2010"...

In the industry I work in, 1st half almost always translates to the end of that window :(

Russell

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 am

Site Admin

russellm wrote:
yea, The article referenced by one of the site admins here that talks about the lights listed the price at $439. That same site has a new article up (from last week) that says

"expected to go on sale before the end of the year, with delivery expect in first half of 2010"...

In the industry I work in, 1st half almost always translates to the end of that window :(

Russell

First half of 2010 is a typo on somebody's part. Should have said first half of January.

I'm planning on doing complete testing of pre-production Einstein while you're all have Christmas dinner. My tech staff has already done most of the testing successfully after finding and correcting a couple of pc board errors.

From there, assuming I don't discover some serious problems, a re draft of the board in question will take a couple of days and we'll be ready to do a quick turnaround board order and get it in production and start taking pre-orders right about the end of December.

In my testing I will have to generate final accurate lookup tables for flash duration, color temperature, etc. Programming these tables isn't difficult and will occur while units are being produced. They can be programmed via the SD card after production if need be.

Christmas and New Years limits our available work days so I am shooting for first orders to ship around Jan 15. But there is always Murphy's law and I could be off a tad. Believe me, I'm doing everything possible to meet the earliest possible date together with complete evaluation. And who do you think gets to write the manuals??

I am being told the global recession thing has lengthened lead times on some components. We have everything in stock to start building, in some cases having bought every part that is available in the globe, but could run into parts shortages after we use up our current component stock.

My staff hates me for pushing on schedules! I must say Einstein is beautiful and looks exactly like the renderings posted here. It's tiny, very technologically advanced in every area, easy to use and is indeed $439.95.

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:38 am

Thanks Luap.

Sorry to hear you and your staff need to work over the christmas holiday, but I have been there myself a few times. I work for a large Processor company I am in Server Design so I know what it's like.

It's unfortuate you found a bug that requires a spin of the Fab. hopefully, you can get some quick turn PCB's in ~3 days (but not sure what the Fab deliver schedules are right now around christmas).

but as you guys know, the most important thing is getting the HW rock solid as having a recall on the product to replace a defective PCB is about the worst possible thing that can happen. And the reality is, it's not like you have many perishable orders to deal with. I am sure you will have enough up front orders to keep you sold out for awhile once you start taking orders.

Yes, there are some components that are in a world wide shortage and its good to hear you have the supply line in place already. Where are you guys doing your MFG for mass production? you using an ODM?

Thanks
Russell

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 77 posts ]