Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 18 posts ] 

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:23 am

PowerEngineer wrote:
Tim wrote:
I take back my original post - I just did some additional testing and I was wrong and Paul is right. Any light coming from the cooling vents is absolutely inconsequential.

Ahh, the rarest of message board finds.... a mea culpa! It is always good to see someone exhibit class and respect on the internet. Nice!

Even better yet, the guy who actually designs the product taking a direct interest, investigating and responding directly to a customer concern. One of the big reasons that I continue to be a "Buffie", even though they want to charge me $164.08 to UPS overnight a 22" reflector to Boston. :lol:

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:17 am

Site Admin

TimHenrion wrote:
even though they want to charge me $164.08 to UPS overnight a 22" reflector to Boston. :lol:

That's UPS's fee, not ours. The Beauty dish is considered an oversized item. It would cost more or less the same to ship you a box of air.

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:13 am

Technical Support wrote:
TimHenrion wrote:
even though they want to charge me $164.08 to UPS overnight a 22" reflector to Boston. :lol:

That's UPS's fee, not ours. The Beauty dish is considered an oversized item. It would cost more or less the same to ship you a box of air.

TS, you are absolutely right. I ran the numbers through the UPS quoting system. My bad for blaming Buff for UPS gouging. I don't think I've ever paid UPS anywhere in the range of $164 to ship anything other than a loaded Tenba Road Case, never mind a box of air.

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:55 pm

Technical Support wrote:
TimHenrion wrote:

Paul should invent a collapsible silicone one then, or maybe I could hack my wife's cooking bowls.

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Or, he could use Purolator instead of UPS.

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:59 pm

Site Admin

TechNiko wrote:
Or, he could use Purolator instead of UPS.

I dont think we have Purolator in these parts (actually, its an oil filter here).

However, this forum is not for shipping quibbles.

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 pm

I hope the new PCB box of air will come in soft-silver. The light is great.

Top Top

#

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:40 am

Site Admin

TimHenrion wrote:
PowerEngineer wrote:
Tim wrote:
I take back my original post - I just did some additional testing and I was wrong and Paul is right. Any light coming from the cooling vents is absolutely inconsequential.

Ahh, the rarest of message board finds.... a mea culpa! It is always good to see someone exhibit class and respect on the internet. Nice!

Even better yet, the guy who actually designs the product taking a direct interest, investigating and responding directly to a customer concern. One of the big reasons that I continue to be a "Buffie", even though they want to charge me $164.08 to UPS overnight a 22" reflector to Boston. :lol:

Actually, the base UPS price is considerably more than what we charge. We get a volume shipper discount from UPS and pass most of our discount on the customers. Shipping costs are not a profit center for us.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 18 posts ]