Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm

I have four X800's which are all over 7 years old. One has lost a significant amount of power. I can see it with the modeling lamp, which is the standard 250W bulb that comes with these units. I replaced the bulb last week but there is no difference.

Also, over the last few weeks, I have also noticed having to increase the power slider of the strobe output a good amount to achieve my normal exposure. Nothing has changed or been altered/modified.

Is there an estimated time frame of when these units should be replaced? I know some guys have used them for many, many years but am not sure if there is a rebuilding or tune up procedure they have done at the factory.

Anyone have any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks,
Rob

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Site Admin

There is not really a "service life" to our lights, we have 1983 era lights still in the field. However, your light does sound like it needs service. Generally repairs are $50, subject to inspection. Even if it exceeds this amount, it is still far less expensive than replacement. Be sure you are not using any remotes connected via the RJ11 jack (telephone jack) while determining output.

Please visit this link for repair information:
http://www.white-lightning.com/contact.html#repair

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]