Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 am

gdykstra wrote:
My problem is that it seems to heavy to stay mounted on my lights. I get it mounted and if I try to adjust light position it falls off very easy. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

Yes I have the same problem as gdyskstra. TS asked a question but didnt offer a solution a similar post a couple of months ago, so I thought I'd re-ask.

The softbox will fall off of the light with the slightest bump or adjustment. Happens all the time, has fallen on clients--when I dare use it, I have to warn them ahead of time and have taken to using it only with established clients. I always make sure all four fingers are in, but it doesnt seem to make a difference. Nor does it seem to matter which of the four lights it is on. It's done it since day one and I bought the softbox at the same time as the light.

It also droops and begins to point down. I will try the washers and reversing the base.

The main issue is the constant problem of the box jumping off the light. Is there anyway to fix this?

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:07 pm

fenixfoto wrote:
gdykstra wrote:
My problem is that it seems to heavy to stay mounted on my lights. I get it mounted and if I try to adjust light position it falls off very easy. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

Yes I have the same problem as gdyskstra. TS asked a question but didnt offer a solution a similar post a couple of months ago, so I thought I'd re-ask.

The softbox will fall off of the light with the slightest bump or adjustment. Happens all the time, has fallen on clients--when I dare use it, I have to warn them ahead of time and have taken to using it only with established clients. I always make sure all four fingers are in, but it doesnt seem to make a difference. Nor does it seem to matter which of the four lights it is on. It's done it since day one and I bought the softbox at the same time as the light.

It also droops and begins to point down. I will try the washers and reversing the base.

The main issue is the constant problem of the box jumping off the light. Is there anyway to fix this?

This seems like a duplicate of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=211

Not sure why you created a new thread for the same complaint :?: :?

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Site Admin

I will post in response to the original thread, and let this thread cease. This is an effort to stream line the forum.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]