Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 am

I am a proud new owner of Alien Bees and the cyber sync system. I have the Cyber Commander, a CSRB+ for each light and the CST. Can I trigger the camera remotely with the Cyber Commander/CST, or do I need to use a remote shutter release in addition to the Cyber Sync system? I need to photograph a group on Friday and I need to be in the photo. My camera is a Nikon D300 and I do have a Phottix Cleon N8 remote control that I can use, but it would be great not to have to attach yet another item to the camera.

Thanks,

Brenda

Top Top

#

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 am

Site Admin

The CyberSync system will require a CST (or CC) and a CSRB dedicated to firing the camera. Additional transmitter and reciever(s) will be required to fire any lights, dedicated for that purpose. You will also need a pre-release cable (Flash Zebra cables are known to work) to attach a CSRB to the camera for triggering.

Having said this, if the remote you are using works reliably, there would be no advantage to switching to the CS system for shutter release.
TS

Top Top

#

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 am

Thanks for the lightning fast response!

I think you're right...there doesn't seem to be any reason to switch from the remote release that I have. I haven't used it much, but when I have, it hasn't failed. I don't often need remote release, 'cause I try not to be in the pictures! I usually use a cable release when I need maximum sharpness and to relate to people as I'm shooting . Thanks!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]