Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 45 posts ] 

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Tetrode,

You have been my lifesaver on this one. Thanks so much for this post.

Just a few questions if you have more time to answer would be great. Have you heard of the Kaceybracket? I have heard that this is a really good solution to holding up heavy modifiers, Any thoughts or suggestions on if I should look into that would be great. This is a link to the simple setup.

http://vimeo.com/42355478

My second question is have you heard of the Wizard bracket? Its a similar solution for the speedring that mount to the light stand as well. Here is a link on that

http://wizardbrackets.com/monster-brack ... stein-640/

So my questions are these would this system that you made a fail safe system for even third party 7 foot octaboxes and heavy modifers?

The speedring that comes mounted already on the PCB modifiers, are you suggesting that i drill a hole into every speedring and do this system as a fail safe method? and the third party modifiers you would suggest to buy that speedring mount on ebay by oceannamra?

Thanks for your time
Greg

Top Top

#

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:47 pm

I've built two of these speed ring / Einstein set ups myself, and wanted to thank you for this excellent ground work and illustration photos. As small repayment, I can offer a tip of my own. Today I pulled out my 36" Illuminata, reversed the rods and hooked it up to this rig. It's not the most taut assembly, but it's tight enough to stay in place, even pointed almost straight down. Tomorrow I'll be mounting an impact Duo deep octagonal box, and will post an image showing my subtle variation on your design. Thanks again… t

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Gee, I haven't visited this forum in a very long time so wasn't aware of the questions that had been posted to this thread. My apologies. Had I seen them I would have replied. I'm glad this little safeguard has proven useful.

And, while I'm back here, I'll make Paul happy and report that I still love my Einsteins. Here's a glimpse of a recent project:

The Einstein, mounted on an adjustable 5/8" shaft, can be used in indirect mode with any Elinchrom mount modifier such as the 71" Rimelite Grand Box pictured here:

Dave F.

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Very cool, Dave. :ugeek:

Top Top

#

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:12 am

Pretty nice setup, Dave. But, I really, really want to run in there and put a sandbag on that leg under the orange counterweight.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 45 posts ]