Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ] 

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:08 am

dear Paul

i just get my vagabond mini lithium, all running properly..but why the LED battery status is not lit or shine as said in the manual guide..I had charged more than two hours..what is wrong? if you can help me? what should i do?

thank you
rizq :D

Top Top

#

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Site Admin

With the VML on and nothing plugged in and a wait of about 30 seconds, do the lights appear then?

Top Top

#

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Technical Support wrote:
With the VML on and nothing plugged in and a wait of about 30 seconds, do the lights appear then?

yes i try that, I've been waiting more than 30 seconds but still the lights not appear :( ,

Top Top

#

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Site Admin

But it does run your light fine, correct?

If you remove the battery, and connect the charger to the back of the inverter (nothing else plugged into the inverter), and turn the inverter on, do the lights appear after 20-30 seconds?

When charging, does the LED on the charger block light up green when plugged into the wall, then red when connected to the battery or inverter to charge? Does it turn green when the battery is full (or expected to be full)?

Top Top

#

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 am

Hi there,

I have the same problem here.

So basically, when you power on the VML, the power LED light up, but the battery indicator are all dead. Even after charging until battery full (LED on charger turned into green from red), the indicator all dont light up.

When you use the battery, it functions as it should, except that none of the battery indicator LED light up. After several hundred pop, it just suddenly died ouf of battery without any warning.

I tried to do what you suggested, connecting the charger directly to the unit without the battery and the same thing happened.

So, do you have any idea what happens here?

Rgds,
Steve

Top Top

#

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:40 am

btw, I dont know if this would make any matter, but mine is the 220v version.

Top Top

#

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 am

Site Admin

So the "fuel gauge" lights will not light up, even if turned on and nothing is plugged in? If there is a load on the inverter, the fuel gauge will not be accurate, and may not light up at all, even if there is a full charge. Other than the fuel gauge lights, there is no warning the battery is near depletion. "Several hundred" pops may or may not indicate a problem, depending on the type, number and power of the light(s) used.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ]