Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm considering buying two Einstein 640's and the cybercommander to control them. I would also like to trigger my Profoto compact 600R and my Canon 580 EXII using the Cybercommander. Just want to make sure I can do this.

If so, which receivers would you recommend for triggering the Profoto compact 600R and the Canon 580 EXII?

I understand there would be no power control using the Cybercommander with these units. I would set them manually. I just want to be able to trigger them with the cybercommander. I'm leaning to the Cybercommander rather than the Pocketwizard mini and flex because of all the reported problems with these and the Canon flashes. My camera is the Canon 5D MkII.

Top Top

#

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Site Admin

CSRB+ for the Canon, and CSR+ or CSRB+ for the Profoto.

Top Top

#

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:27 pm

Technical Support wrote:
CSRB+ for the Canon, and CSR+ or CSRB+ for the Profoto.

Is a CSRB+ required to trigger a speedlight with a CC? Or will a CSRB work also (except for losing the ability to group the lights via channels & freq combinations)

Top Top

Website

#

Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Site Admin

Any Cyber Sync reciever can be triggered by the CC, but you will lose the grouping and individual metering functions. This can not only affect the speedlite or other lights, but also the Buff lights since the others cannot be seperated from them via the hotshoe/PC cord.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]