Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 24 posts ] 

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:05 pm

Site Admin

The initial Einstein manual is now online at the link below. Scroll down to Manual and download.

We have factory built and tested 12 units this past week and they are 100%.

We will build a quick turn of 100 units next week and begin another 1000 units the following week, and another 4000 units going into production immediately thereafter. We are ramping up production on this basis to avoid any possible unforeseen problem in the factory build process.

Thank you all for your patience.
http://www.paulcbuff.com/pcb2009/einstein.html (click download manual)

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:35 am

Yay! Thanks Paul!

I've had four pre-orders in since the AB Maxes. Can't wait to start shooting with them.

Cheers, Greg

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 am

My first set of studio lights.....SWEET!!!! :mrgreen:

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:17 am

Excellent!

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:08 am

Site Admin

I apologize to all for the delays - we've been doing everything humanly possible. None of the delays have had anything to do with conceptual design errors or in the core circuitry (which is mine). This has all been prototyped and working since early 2008.

The design areas where I had to seek outside engineering are pretty much limited to microprocessor programming, though I designed all the digital workflow, LCD screens, functions, mechanicals, etc. The final power supply design and the only precisely regulated multi-voltage model lamp circuits in existence are mine also. Our biggest delays came from attempts at a digital "switching power supply" that never met the consultants promises and caused me to go back to my tried and true analog supply expertise.

Einstein and Cyber Commander both contain immense amounts of innovation and engineering, and they have been tested with extreme rigor. I believe I can safely predict the combination is a $3000 to $4000 product from other manufacturers (if and after they reverse engineer it) and that it will raise the bar for pro studio flash enormously for many years.

In a word, I am immensely proud of the products - the sort of statement I seldom make.

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:14 am

WOW... Manual is ready for download, just matter od weeks (in my case months... :) ) we can get our Einsteins... Just F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. news indeed!!! :lol:

Top Top

Website

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:29 pm

So assuming no unforseen problems crop up while you ramp up production, how long do you think until the runs of 1000 and 4000 would be ready to ship? Thanks

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Site Admin

danielsan2222 wrote:
So assuming no unforseen problems crop up while you ramp up production, how long do you think until the runs of 1000 and 4000 would be ready to ship? Thanks

This is a question for our manufacturing VP and the Kansas factory's ability to crank them out, as well as a constant battle to keep parts coming in. Don't quote optimistic me, but I would guestimate on the order of six weeks to fill all our pre-orders and to reach ship-from-stock status. I keep pushing everyone involved on keeping all the gears turning.

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Well if that timeline doesnt work out I promise not to complain - much :D

Seriously though thanks for the guestimate. Looking forward to playing with these.

Luap wrote:
danielsan2222 wrote:

This is a question for our manufacturing VP and the Kansas factory's ability to crank them out, as well as a constant battle to keep parts coming in. Don't quote optimistic me, but I would guestimate on the order of six weeks to fill all our pre-orders and to reach ship-from-stock status. I keep pushing everyone involved on keeping all the gears turning.

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Luap wrote:
We will build a quick turn of 100 units next week and begin another 1000 units the following week, and another 4000 units going into production immediately thereafter. We are ramping up production on this basis to avoid any possible unforeseen problem in the factory build process.

Couple of questions:
1. Will we be notified via email when our pre-order comes up?
2. Can we increase our order beyond what we pre-ordered?
3. Shipping will be immediate or when available?

Thanks!

Robert

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 24 posts ]