Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:57 pm

New user here.
My CC displays 16 bars no matter how many Einsteins I have synced. Why?

When I toggle from channel 1 to any other channel on the CC, the modeling lamps always come on without any further input and the only way I can turn them off is via the unit itself. All connected Einsteins' modeling lamps come on when I toggle between channels. Why?

My CC recognizes the Einsteins as AB400 on the CC display. Why?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:37 am

Site Admin

It doesn't sound like you have gone through the Open Studio steps on the Cyber Commander, and there is a remnant set up from testing. Below are is the set of instructions from pg. 29 of the new Cyber Commander manual:

1. Select the OPEN MEMORY menu. On the SETUP screen, use the UP and DOWN actuations on the RIGHT JOYSTICK to scroll to the OPEN MEMORY tab. When OPEN MEMORY is highlighted, press IN on the RIGHT JOYSTICK to select it. The OPEN MEMORY
menu should appear.
2. Select the location to open. Using the LEFT and RIGHT actuations on the LEFT JOYSTICK,
scroll the MEMORY button through the available opening locations:
>> STUDIO: This is the starting point for recognizing lights and creating new setups. The OPEN ALL FROM STUDIO command allows the Cyber Commander™ unit to
discover all of the lights in the area with CyberSync™ receivers (CSXCV, CSR+,
and CSRB+) that are powered on and set to the same frequency. When the open
command is sent, the Cyber Commander™ unit scans the area and will identify each receiver by its channel. Recognized receivers will be displayed on the
screen’s graph with white or gray dashes located at the bottom of the vertical
column for their corresponding channel. Channels with Einstein™ lights using the
CSXCV receiver module will also show a vertical bar on the graph as the settings
are already transmitted by the CSXCV receiver.

If you have the old manual (mostly white cover with dark blue corners), you can find a digital copy of the manual here: http://www.paulcbuff.com/manuals/cc.pdf.

The reason the model lamp is coming back on is due to the settings in the Cyber Commander not matching those on the head. The Cyber Commander is in charge and updates all setting to the ones currently set in it. It is possible to turn the model lamps off via the Cyber Commander in the LIGHT SETTINGS tab in the SETUP screen, as described on pg. 32.

Top Top

#

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 am

Thanks TS!

Kevin

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]