Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ] 

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am

The new sekonic L-478 Lightmeter was design to control the Pocketwizard MC2 my problem is that when I turn off my modeling light on the E640 strobe as soon as I try to adjust my flash intensity on the L478 the modeling light come back on when I use the mini TT1and the AC3 zone controller to adjust the strobe output with the modeling light turn off on the E640 the modeling stay's off it's only when I try and make an adjustment with my sekonic L-478 that I have this issue concerning the modeling light I have contacted Pocketwizard and was inform that they are aware of the problem and was working on a new firmware to address problem I was wondering if and one else has had this same problem? I like to shoot outside with my E640 in sunlight with mini vagbond 2 , this issue present a battery draining problem when I'm use my meter to control the light Pw suggested that I remove my modeling light for the time being.

Top Top

#

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Site Admin

We have heard of this complaint. The cause is from a transmitting device telling the E640 to turn the model lamp back on. The Einstein is performing as designed, in that it turns on the model lamp when told to do so. This is a transmitting device firmware issue, and will need to be addressed by LPA and/or Sekonic (and, per your conversation, they are looking into it).

Top Top

#

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 am

Ditto! I thought I was going crazy. Yes I have the same problem. I just use the mini and with the 478, like you, when I adjust the light with the 478 I get the modeling light coming on. Very frustrating. I remove the lamps when working off battery. Glad to hear a firmware update is on the way...

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 pm

You need to turn off the modeling lights from the L-478. It's the square button in the lower right hand corner on the Power cOntrol Screen. The icon is blue if OFF and yellow if ON. There is also a beta Firmware for the PMC2's that corrects another intermittent modeling light issue. Cheers..

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Technical Support wrote:
We have heard of this complaint. The cause is from a transmitting device telling the E640 to turn the model lamp back on. The Einstein is performing as designed, in that it turns on the model lamp when told to do so. This is a transmitting device firmware issue, and will need to be addressed by LPA and/or Sekonic (and, per your conversation, they are looking into it).

Hey TS folks... Easy fix here. See my post below.

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Thank you for the info I 'm running the latest firmware for the Power MC2 and there is a current beta firmware for the Power MC2, I just double check the support page with PW as we speak. Also aware of the position of the modeling light control tab on the L-478 when I use the tab it only dim the modeling not off again thank you hopefully PW will have a new firmware soon to correct and address this problem will download the beta firmware just might do the trick thank you. :D :D [color=#FF0000][color=#FF0000]Fireware update work problem solved[/color][/color]

Top Top

#

Tue May 14, 2013 6:59 pm

blackace45 wrote:
Thank you for the info I 'm running the latest firmware for the Power MC2 and there is a current beta firmware for the Power MC2, I just double check the support page with PW as we speak. Also aware of the position of the modeling light control tab on the L-478 when I use the tab it only dim the modeling not off again thank you hopefully PW will have a new firmware soon to correct and address this problem will download the beta firmware just might do the trick thank you. :D :D [color=#FF0000][color=#FF0000]Fireware update work problem solved[/color][/color]

Thanks for the info! I am having the same issue (just got my E640 and Power MC2 today) and was putting it through it's paces and noticed the modeling lamp would go to about 1W instead of all the way off using Firmware 2.200 and Sekonic L-478DR. Will upload Beta 2.218 and try again.

BTW, what a great system this makes! I can't wait to try it out this weekend for an outside shot. I got the Vagabond Mini as well. Thanks PCB!

Regards,
Craig

Edit: Downloaded and installed the Beta firmware for the Power MC2. It fixed the modeling lamp issue and now the Sekonic L-478DR turns it completely off. Everything else works as expected.

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ]