Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 16 posts ] 

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:59 am

If one invests in 6 or so lights, CC, triggers etc... I know the BUFF people will be there to help/repair/fix any issues I'm having. And plan to stay with this equipment. It is really the best I've owned in 30+ years.

My question is a little farther reaching than that. I had this talk with my 93 year old Mom last week.

What is the plan of action for Paul C Buff company should something happen to Paul in the future? I only ask this as it is a family run company (not a huge conglomerate of idiots) that depends on it's captain for direction and development. I hope this isn't coming off the wrong way. I wish all the best to Paul and a super long life...

I'm just interested in what are the plans for all of us long term and is there any new products we should be looking for?

Top Top

#

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Site Admin

Because this is not so much a technical question, our customer service team will be glad to answer this for you.

They can be reached at 1-800-443-5542 or info@paulcbuff.com

Top Top

#

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:12 am

Site Admin

I'll answer this for you.

In the past two years we have hired two great young engineers, a super sharp young experienced Technical Director an old friend who is an excellent Operations Manager. Plus, of course my brilliant young female CFO who really runs the operation. Not to mention my great young customer service girls (one male).

The new engineers are quickly learning all things Buff, and my Sec/Treasury wife Deborah (61) is the "bad cop" and demands my design philosophy and Golden Rule creed is followed to the letter, and that things are held together.

The young tech team is designing new products and concept already, under my close direction. I too am in the midst of creating new project for my tech team to help learn and implement.

We also have some new vendor directions we are pursuing in order to maximize quality, reliability and bang for the buck.

So not to worry,

Top Top

#

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Classy reply, Paul.

Top Top

#

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Site Admin

Oh, I've been designing a next gen product during the last 8 months. All parts being made now - should ship in 90 days.

Top Top

#

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:45 am

It's great that you're still thinking outside the box and pushing the envelope. You've got us intrigued, and definitely looking forward to hearing more about your new product later this year......if not sooner ;)

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Site Admin

I have at least five new products on the drawing board, and a vastly improved tech staff. But developing new products takes a lot of time and engineering.

Top Top

#

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I can't wait for the new product Paul. I don't know what it is but I'm sure I need it!
You have no idea how hard it's been resisting a Navajo Turquoise AB. I've just not been able to come up with a reason my wife would believe (I already have a lot of lights).

James

Top Top

#

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm sorry if I asked something that shouldn't have been asked here, in a tech forum. It was just a question related and current with my own personal life, and had me wondering about the whole big picture.

I thank Paul for his openness in speaking on such matters. This company of Paul C. Buff, besides producing some of the best quality equipment I've ever owned in 30+ years. Is a great example of America at it's very best. The company Paul has built over these many years in collaboration with his cohorts and team, is really the business model that more people should look to as an example.

I am grateful for your work and products. And especially the things I've learned over the years from Paul in all the posts I've read in forums, on-line and here at Buff Forums. I will continue to be a loyal Buff customer because it serves me well to do so.

I would have liked to meet Paul and his staff, and show and tell them just what a difference what they do, has made on what I do.

All the very best.

Top Top

#

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:25 am

Thank you Paul for your reply, I was thinking of the same thing. I have invested in a lot of PCB gear and I want to continue with the Brand for as long as my photography career takes me.

I hope one of your new products is a more powerful Einstein so I don't have to buy the other brands for more power!

Thank you for your great products and customer support!!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 16 posts ]