Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 pm

I was getting ready to upgrade my new CC (#2007), had Sd card in with the contents from the ZIP and was in process of putting in new batteries (screen down on table) when I noticed the flashing starting right away from the reflection from the table. Flipped it over to watch and the screen went black. Waited a few, took batteries out and re-inserted. It looks like my batteries were loose and might have lost contact just by turning it over. Screen is just black now. Take batteries out, SD card out, put batteries in...nothing.

Any magic button presses to reset? Anything other than sending it in? Was looking forward to using it in a shoot on Tuesday. :cry:

Tony

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Site Admin

First, remove the card and start the entire process over from the beginning, including reloading the firmware to the card. Follow the steps listed in the update instructions as normal. If the unit flashes at all, give it 45 sec or so to finish.

If you do not get a response or the blinking goes for more than 60 seconds, remove the card and return it to the computer. Navigate through the card to the Firmware folder. You will find three files; 0173-R50.hex, 0173-RBR.hex, 0173-R07.hex.

Copy the R50 file, and delete the other two.

navigate back one level and open the LOAD folder. Delete the RBR.hex file (if present) and paste the R50 file copied earlier.

Safely remove the card from the computer.

Remove one battery from the CC, install the card into the CC, and replace the battery. The flickering should start. Give it 45 seconds or so to finish.

If the unit is still unresponsive, then it will probably need to come in.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]