Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:58 am

This is something I can determine "on the job" but I thought I'd ask.

I was doing a dance shoot last weekend in an abandoned building, with relatively low light and shooting a canon 5d III at iso 1000. Due to the intricacies of shooting dance, I was having a hard time getting the dancer's jump caught at just the perfect time.

At ISO 1000 and shooting at F13(ish) the einstein was at relatively low power.

After the shoot, it dawned on me that I could possibly have shot in continuous mode on the camera, assuming the einstein could keep up. This would be 6 shots per second.

Will the vagabond/Einstein be able to keep up? I know this is dependent on the distance to the subject and hence the einstein's power setting.

Additional thoughts?

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 am

Site Admin

A VML will do 7fps at about 14Ws, based on an actual test. VLX will do 7fps at about 35Ws, based on the VML test and calculted. I did verify this was extremely close, but cannot exactly replicate the test.

A wall outlet will do 7fps at about 50-55Ws, calculated from knowing 10fps is about 40Ws.

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Technical Support wrote:
A VML will do 7fps at about 14Ws, based on an actual test. VLX will do 7fps at about 35Ws, based on the VML test and calculted. I did verify this was extremely close, but cannot exactly replicate the test.

A wall outlet will do 7fps at about 50-55Ws, calculated from knowing 10fps is about 40Ws.

Thanks!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]