Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Tue May 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello all, i bought the busy bee lighting package, and i cannot get my cybersync to work correctly. on the receiver, when i press test, the flash fires. then i press test on the cybersync, and nothing happnes. if i move it 1 inch away from the receiver it works when i press test or snap a picture on my 6d. any suggestions?

Top Top

#

Wed May 21, 2014 9:57 am

Site Admin

First, make sure the frequencies match. This is indicated by the end of the slot in the dial that has a deeper cut. Often, these dials are turned 180 degrees from each other, as the deeper cut is not noticed.

If this does not work, try changing the frequency of both devices to another frequency (skip 5 settings or so).

When you change the CST frequency, it takes 3 test button presses before it resets to the new frequency.

If this does not work, one of the devices is faulty and will need to be swapped out if it was just received. Customer Service will be able to help facilitate this for you.

Top Top

#

Wed May 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Thank you. that's exactly what was wrong. i didn't see the notch. its good now. So i have one b800 firing when i snap my picture. how do i sync the other 2? it only has one receiver.

Technical Support wrote:
First, make sure the frequencies match. This is indicated by the end of the slot in the dial that has a deeper cut. Often, these dials are turned 180 degrees from each other, as the deeper cut is not noticed.

If this does not work, try changing the frequency of both devices to another frequency (skip 5 settings or so).

When you change the CST frequency, it takes 3 test button presses before it resets to the new frequency.

If this does not work, one of the devices is faulty and will need to be swapped out if it was just received. Customer Service will be able to help facilitate this for you.

Top Top

#

Wed May 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Site Admin

The other two lights should fire from the optical slave eyes. This will work in most indoor scenarios, but if you are outdoors or with other photographers (or in some indoor scenarios), then you should get additional receivers. The slave eyes are active if nothing is plugged into the sync jack.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]