Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 128 posts ] 

Sun May 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Site Admin

All new shipments of PLM will be version two. Once production begins (very soon I hope) we should be able to supply enough to fill all demand. More details RE V2 will be published on our website soon.

Top Top

#

Mon May 17, 2010 7:50 pm

I am still waiting on the PLM order I have on backorder. Is this being "upgraded" to a PLM v2 then?

Top Top

Website

#

Tue May 18, 2010 9:40 am

poisonberry wrote:
I am still waiting on the PLM order I have on backorder. Is this being "upgraded" to a PLM v2 then?

Based on Paul's response above, yes. CS has also verified this for a few folks who have called in recently, so you should be GTG. The only caveat here so far would be if you ordered the smallest of PLM sizes as they are being slightly enlarged in V2:

Luap wrote:
The 42" is being replaced by a 51" primarily because the on-axis speed ring mounting mechanism of VII required more depth than the 42" size would allow. |

If you have any specific questions to your order, a quick call to Customer Support would give you the most accurate & timely response, please remember this is a technical forum. :)

Top Top

Website

#

Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi,

I have a question about the design of the shaft.

I would like to be able to get the light as close as possible to the subject when using it with the white front diffuser. Will it have a removable shaft to allow this?

I know that for Elinchrom and PCB lights there will be a speedring adapter, which is perfect but what about using it with other lights including speedlights?

There hasn't been any real information on this but I'm imagining a shaft that separates (like the Softlighters) and when in the shortened state it goes on the speedring adapter and when in the full length state goes in a normal umbrella holder.

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Wed May 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi,

I'm just curious about whether the designs have been finalised and the samples found to be acceptable.

Any information on the current status of the PLMs would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 12:58 am

Site Admin

F01 wrote:
Hi,

I'm just curious about whether the designs have been finalised and the samples found to be acceptable.

Thanks.

Big shortage fo the very special silver fabric all over Chine. We ordered $50,000 worth a month ago and it's due in on June 10. Then we can start cranking them out. Designs are pretty much finalized and ready. V2 is really working well. The 7mm shafts are adjustable so they don't poke out the back of the light. Front diffusers fit well and stay on. I'll try to get some pictures up ASAP. Luap is an extremely busy guy these days.

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 1:42 am

Luap wrote:
F01 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Big shortage fo the very special silver fabric all over Chine. We ordered $50,000 worth a month ago and it's due in on June 10. Then we can start cranking them out. Designs are pretty much finalized and ready. V2 is really working well. The 7mm shafts are adjustable so they don't poke out the back of the light. Front diffusers fit well and stay on. I'll try to get some pictures up ASAP. Luap is an extremely busy guy these days.

Thanks Luap, this is really good to know.

I think that there are too many links in the chain for me to expect to be able to take delivery in the UK before early July.

Since I'll be in the US from the end of June until early August (at least) I may have to try and figure out a way to purchase while I'm there (not so easy with the CC policy). That way I'll be able to use them while I'm away.

Top Top

#

Fri May 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Luap wrote:
Big shortage fo the very special silver fabric all over Chine. We ordered $50,000 worth a month ago and it's due in on June 10.

I am actually interested in the white (non-silver) version. Is that fabric / product available and if not what's the story on the white (shoot through + black optional backing) PLM II umbrellas?

Thanks

Alex

Top Top

Website

#

Sat May 29, 2010 1:13 am

Site Admin

We should be able to ship this a bit sooner then the Silver. I was supposed to get a final sample frame and front diffuser today, but it didn't show up, so with the holiday I won't get it until Tuesday. Hopefully they should be able to start making white versions as soon as I say go.

Top Top

#

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:54 am

Any updates on the status of PLM v2? I ordered a big silver one along with my Einsteins, and I held off on shipping my order until the revised Einstein units are out. Do you think the 86" silver PLM will be ready to ship by the end of August?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 128 posts ]