Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 11 posts ] 

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi. I found this thread very interesting. I too just experienced this same problem (yesterday). Both me and the clients were getting grumpy on the set.
I was using the Cyber Commander and two Einsteins with wireless receivers. Slave mode was OFF on both devices. I had alkaline batteries in the Cyber Commander. No indication the battery levels were running low. I turned off the overhead lights within this office space, however, there were florescent lights on nearby. I was on the 26th floor of a high rise on a cold/dry day. I was working on a faux wood floor in this office (no carpet). The spontaneous flashing occurred whenever I touched my camera, or tripod. Tripod has rubber footies on it. I would get 2 -3 spontaneous flashes after I grabbed my camera or tripod. Flashes stopped once I started shooting. Made me wonder if static electricity was coming into play, or maybe the grounding with my D7100 hot shoe is bad. The static electricity may play a role because I used the same setup at home the night before without any erroneous flashes. This was on carpet flooring though....go figure. I've shared all this info with Dave @ Buff Technical support.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 11 posts ]