Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Noticing that when my Einstein is powered with the vagabond mini, I can't get the cybercommander to throw the first meter flash. I either have to physically fire a test flash on the rear of the Einstein or scroll to the metering menu in the cybercommander first, before the unit will then start behaving the way I'm used to when plugged into ac (fires remotely via cyber commander first and every time I touch the meter button on cyber commander) Is this normal? Am I not waiting long enough for the capacitors to be charged via the vagabond mini?

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:04 am

Site Admin

I do not know what would cause a difference between AC power on a Vagabond vs. a mains outlet with Einstein.

What I would expect from a Cyber Commander in STANDBY (on mains or Vagabond power) is a button press to wake, a button press that has no response (a buffer for accidental actuation), and then the third press will fire/meter.

Are you getting different results?

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Technical Support wrote:
I do not know what would cause a difference between AC power on a Vagabond vs. a mains outlet with Einstein.

Are you getting different results?

Yes. Sometimes when I first begin shooting, say in the field with the vagabond mini, the Einstein won't meter flash when pressed on the cyber commander. I have to physically walk up to the Einstein and press the test button before the cyber commander can get it to meter flash.

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Site Admin

How reliable is this? is this something that happens everytime, sometimes, or has only happened once?

Would you be able to video this happening and share that video with us via email?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]