Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ] 

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 am

Hello,

I did all the steps described on the set up of the booklet but still I can not control the power levels on the Einstein, I can turn it on or off but I can not adjust the power. The commander lower right does not say "Einstein 640WS" it says "Undefined" Any help will be really appreciated.

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Site Admin

The manual for the Cyber Commander were written before Einstien was a product, however newer Cyber Commander manuals and Einstein manuals should have an addendum describing the set up process, so be sure to use those steps for Einstein.

Once all frequencies match (all lights and Cyber Commander) and channels are assigned, you will need to go to SET UP> OPEN MEMORY> select "STUDIO"> Press in on right joystick. As each channel is identified, a vertical bar should appear for each Einstein. If the lights are on, it will be blue, if the lights are off, there will be an empty gray bar. At this point, you Cyber Commander is set up with all settings already made on the lights. There is no need to specify Einstein, as they are automatically specified when opened from STUDIO.

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Technical Support wrote:
The manual for the Cyber Commander were written before Einstien was a product, however newer Cyber Commander manuals and Einstein manuals should have an addendum describing the set up process, so be sure to use those steps for Einstein.

Once all frequencies match (all lights and Cyber Commander) and channels are assigned, you will need to go to SET UP> OPEN MEMORY> select "STUDIO"> Press in on right joystick. As each channel is identified, a vertical bar should appear for each Einstein. If the lights are on, it will be blue, if the lights are off, there will be an empty gray bar. At this point, you Cyber Commander is set up with all settings already made on the lights. There is no need to specify Einstein, as they are automatically specified when opened from STUDIO.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I did get the addendum and I followed it. I did all the steps you are describing here, yet, no blue/gray bar, an it still shows "Undefined" as of the type of light. I can turn it on/off, fire the flash, meter the light, but no power adjustment or light identification. I guess I'll keep trying... :)

Top Top

#

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

Site Admin

Try using a different frequency for all remotes (of course, each is to be set the same as each other).

Top Top

#

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Try using a different frequency for all remotes (of course, each is to be set the same as each other).

Thank you very much for your help... The set up is finally working, I was failing to press the button down when I selected the ALL Studio, instead, I was moving the joystick to the right hence the lights were never selected. Thanks again....I love these lights...... :D

Top Top

#

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 am

Just recieved 3 Einsteins (4th on the way, thanks you guys rock~!) and performing initial setup with CC. 3 Lights, Channels 1, 2 & 3, all on Frequency 1. Open memory>All from Studio recognizes Light on channel 1. Does not see Lights on Channels 2 or 3.

Open memory>Ch1 no joy
Open memory>Ch2 no joy
Open memory>Ch3 no joy.
Confirmed no groups.

Open memory>All from Studio still only see Einstein on Ch 1.

Open memory>All from Studio wAll lights on Ch1,Freq 1 - able to adjust Power/Model all three simultaneously. So they are all talking.. Reseated CSR's same result.

Have not tried other frequencies but not sure why freq 1 would work perfect for CH1 and not CH2 and CH3?

Next step will be to reassign all to frequency changes and see if that resolves. Strongly suspect this is my inexperience and not a technical problem. Any help greatly appreciated! ;)

Steven
photos@sequinminer.com

Top Top

#

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:21 pm

I AGREE WITH A PREVIOUS USERS RESPONSE. THIS SHOULD BE LEFT POSTED NEAR THE TOP OF YOUR FORUM. I HAVE 3 EINSTEINS AND THE CYBER COMMANDER. I STARTED MY SETUP YESTERDAY AND WHILE GOING THROUGH THE SETUP OR CYBER COMMANDER BOOK, I STARTED TO FOLLOW EACH STEP ONE AFTER THE OTHER. OF COURSE AFTER I OPENED FROM STUDIO, I WENT TO THE NEXT STEP AND TRIED TO IDENTIFY MY LIGHTS AND THEN I WAS GOING TO GO TO THE NEXT STEP TO SELECT THE APPROPRIAT WATTAGE FOR THE SELECTED LAMP. OF COURSE EINSTEIN WASN'T ONE OF THE LIGHTS THAT I COULD PICK FROM SO I WAS REALY FRUSTATED AND COULDN'T FIGURE WHAT TO DO NEXT. I HAVE ONE OF THE NEWER CB AT FIRMWARE RELEASE 29. NOW I KNOW WHY. THERE SHOULD BE A NOTE OR INSTRUCTION SOMEPLACE THAT MENTIONS THAT THESE STEPS AREN'T NECESSARY IF ALL YOU HAVE ARE THE EINSTEINS. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT EASIER AND LESS FRUSTATING.

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 am

Site Admin

SMP- try going to SETUP>LIGHT SETTINGS>select ALL channel>POWER=STANDBY then change to POWER=ON. The reason to switch to standby first is that sometimes not all channels channels will be on the setting indicated. By moving off of a setting and back to it, all channels get reset. Now try going to open memory to open from studio or ch. If still no luck, try switching freq.

KGUSTIN- newer CC manuals do state the SPEC LIGHTS step is unnecessary for Einstein. Some users may have old manuals, we do appologize but we have made the update.

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Worked perfectly Paul! Mystery solved thanks a ton!!

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Site Admin

The key to identified lights is at the bottom (under the green dashes) you will see a white dash if the reciever/light was identified and on. A gray dash will appear if the reciever/light was identified and set to standby. Neither will appear if a reciever/light was not identified. Your recievers were set to standby, and may not have been easily recognized as beign recognized. By switching everything to ON, the indicators are more apparent.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ]