Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ] 

Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Regarding the legacy and einstein setup I've been laboring for a month now And I don't quite follow the word directions for adding a light I seldom get my cybersicn to acknoledge that it's in a "Studio Mode" and yes I do lose my programs could you give a one line diagram of the sequence I'm never sure except by clicking down nudgeing over and its not clear which writing I'm following blue print or yellow print is it a click down on the right hand toggle that acknoledges a request to save then a left hand toggle to assign it to internal memory of sd card is that a click or a nudge. thanks

Top Top

#

Wed May 04, 2011 9:50 am

Site Admin

Once a set up exists and you wish to add a light (set to same freq, unique channel), go to SETUP>OPEN MEMORY as normal, using the right hand joystick. Once inside, use the left hand joystick to scroll left or right to choose the channel the new light is set to. Once selected, press in on the right hand joystick.

If you select STUDIO, INTERNAL1,INTERNAL2, or SD1-SD50, the information currently programmed will be changed and/or erased. By selecting only one channel, only that channel would be affected, leaving the rest of the setup intact.

If the new light is an Einstein, no further set up is necessary, as it automatically establishes itself in the Cyber Commander upon opening, and the settings on the light are sent to the Cyber Commander.

If the new light is a legacy light, then it will need to be programmed like the original set of lights.

If you have any more confusion, please feel free to give us a call, and we will gladly walk you through it.

Top Top

#

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 am

Its obviously something I have overlooked or not understood too well

I have 2 CSRB+ and 2 einsteins I would like to use with the Commander.
First of all is it possible to use them , using all the remote capabilities of the commander
Or do I need the CSXCVs to take advantage of the commander??

Thanks in advance.

Terence

Top Top

#

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:35 am

Site Admin

The CSRB+ requires the RJ11 connection in order to control the power levels of the lights. Einstein does not have an RJ11 connection, and therefore the CSRB+ cannot be used for power adjustment on Einstein. Additionally, the CSXCV can control Color/Action mode, recycle indicator, and slave eye on/off, which cannot be accessed via the RJ11 (if it were present).

The CSRB+ can be used with Einstein, but with the limits of firing, metering and grouping only, just as it would any non-PCB light.

Top Top

#

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 am

I have 3 Einsteins and just got the CyberCommander with 3 transceivers for the Ensteins.

1. I have them working, but I'm sure I'll have many questions as I dig deeper into this. First off, I can set modeling "mode" for each light from the Cyber Commander. However, if I select Light Settings / Model Mode / to ADJ (adjustable), how do I set the modeling lamp output from the Cyber Commander for each light? I can set them to adjustable, I just can't find where I can set the modeling lamp output from the Cyber Commander when in "adjustable" mode.

2. I use Canon 5D MkII, which has sync of 1/200. I find the CC works fine at that, but I do get a slight black bar at 1/250 (I know this is a function/limitation of the camera and not the CC). So is it possible to set shutter speed to 1/200 on the Cyber Commander for the flash meter? It jumps from 1/125 to 1/250.

Top Top

#

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:56 am

Site Admin

Re: adjusting model lamp. You have three main screens FLASH, MODEL, & SETUP. You access these by scrolling with your right joystick, and the name is in the bottom center of each in blue, red, and green; repectively. In the MODEL screen, you select the channel you want to adjust, and press up or down on the left joystick to adjust model lamp intensity, just as you would flash intensity.Your red markers are the model lamp indicators, and will go up and down the graph in response, as well the model lamp wattage near the top will update.

re: shutter speed. There is not a way to set 1/3 stop increments on the shutter speed. However, you can set it to 1/125 or 1/250 in a studio and shoot at 1/200 and not see a difference in meter reading vs. exposure, as shutter speed does not affect flash exposure in typical operation. You may see a +2/3 to -1/3 stop difference in ambient light exposure if used outside (depending on what you set the shutter speed to in the CC).

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi! I have a problem where sometimes, when I'm using metering my Einstein with the CC, the screen blanks out on the CC and it just resets the unit. The ISO and shutter speed resets, and the light level is mismatched between the Einstein and the CC. This doesn't happen all the time, but probably 3 out of 10 times. This is true even with the latest firmware

What's going on here?

Top Top

#

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 am

Site Admin

Most likely there is a hardware component that needs to be replaced. All Cyber Commanders are still under warranty, so that repair would be at no charge. Please see this page for more details on sending the unit in: http://www.paulcbuff.com/repair.php. If you need to buy a little time before sending it in, try increasing the screen brightness to 45%. This will cause faster battery drain, but will usually solve the problem temporarily.

Top Top

#

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 am

What would be the turnaround time? I have a shoot next Saturday and would definitely need the Cyber Commander for then. Anyway I can get a replacement for it instead?

Top Top

#

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:42 am

Site Admin

I would recommend contacting our repair department for the turnaround times, as they are the most familiar with what is already in the queue. They will also be able to let you know if an exchange is an option.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ]