Login

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ] 

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 am

Aha!! You techie types are so sexy ;)

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Just got my lights yesterday and have been very pleased with both the lights and the cybersyncs.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for it, but I had a suggestion to ponder for a future firmware release.

I have 5 lights now (not including AB and ABR), and it's rather convenient to set up a single profile for all the lights. The snag being, of course, when you don't want to use all the lights hitting refresh will turn them all on unless you've physically unplugged them. You can turn them off in the menu, but the hopping around to do this isn't intuitive or quick.

Would it be possible to add one more "level" to the power adjustment screen for each light. Basically you have your normal range of full to -8.0F. If you could click down one more time to put the light in standby mode you'd allow users to turn on and off lights as needed without having to hop through extra screens.

I have no clue how hard this would be to implement, but figured I'd ask since all of the functionality is already in the device.

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Site Admin

If the refresh buttons turns on lights you don't want it means they are programmed by the CC to be on. The best thing to do is to go to the advanced features menu and turn them off from there . . . then they'll stay off during refresh.

An easier method is to create a group(s) containing only the lights you want to use, and save it. This will place all other lights in the disabled state. So if you then refresh, all the lights will be technically "on", but the disabled lights won't fire nor will there model lamps be on.

These are necessary operational necessities with such a complex piece of equipment . . . like every medical advance, there are side effects.

I designed CC and Einstein the most logical way I could, consistent with its capabilities, but I'll be damned if I can set a Japanese watch without carrying the manual in my wallet and I've been driving my beloved Hyundai Genesis Track Coupe (fantastic) on daylight savings time all winter because there is no obvious way to set the clock!

Wow is us . . . we will have to evolve into robots before we can use the stuff we create . . . then we'll all get a virus and the world will be given back to the apes.

But, all in all, not a bad suggestion at all regarding auto standby at the bottom of the power range.

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Luap wrote:
If the refresh buttons turns on lights you don't want it means they are programmed by the CC to be on. The best thing to do is to go to the advanced features menu and turn them off from there . . . then they'll stay off during refresh.

An easier method is to create a group(s) containing only the lights you want to use, and save it. This will place all other lights in the disabled state. So if you then refresh, all the lights will be technically "on", but the disabled lights won't fire nor will there model lamps be on.

These are necessary operational necessities with such a complex piece of equipment . . . like every medical advance, there are side effects.

I designed CC and Einstein the most logical way I could, consistent with its capabilities, but I'll be damned if I can set a Japanese watch without carrying the manual in my wallet and I've been driving my beloved Hyundai Genesis Track Coupe (fantastic) on daylight savings time all winter because there is no obvious way to set the clock!

Wow is us . . . we will have to evolve into robots before we can use the stuff we create . . . then we'll all get a virus and the world will be given back to the apes.

But, all in all, not a bad suggestion at all regarding auto standby at the bottom of the power range.

I don't imagine there's a setup that could be devised that will make every customer happy. I figured I'd throw the idea out there. Setting up and saving different configurations for the five lights makes sense. I didn't know if the "on/standby" info got saved in the profile. If that's the case I should just be able to set up 5 profiles:

Profile 1: (Light 1 on - Lights 2-5 off)
Profile 2: (Lights 1 and 2 on - Lights 3-5 off)
etc.

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

The CC is great. The interface is good but IMO a couple of things are missing.
If there is v2 coming, a couple of user defined buttons on the side would be really useful. For example a shortcut to light settings and open memory.

Also, please add an option to turn each channel (or all channels, depending an what's selected) on/off right from the main control menu without going to light settings/power etc. Could be assigned to the right joystick double down click.

A hotshoe lock or screw is also necessary.

There is a small issue I've encountered a few times when using light meter. All the lights would pop at full power and then freeze and the connection with CC is completely lost. The only thing to get them back is to unplug the power cord and plug it in again. Just turning off the power with the power button on Einsteins doesn't help.

Alex

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 pm

First forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. I did look around some but was unable to see any posts related to this.

Have 7 Einsteins with the alphabet soup named receivers (csxcv, csrb+) and transmitters (cst and of course the Cyber Commander) and all is good.

They were very easy to set-up and even easier to use.

Here's my question.

When using the CyberCommander you can of course see what output you have dialed into each unit.

So far no worries.

But if you reach out and adjust a strobe from the unit itself, that is physically make a change to that strobes output using the buttons on the back those changes are never updated in the CybeCommander.

It might have been 640ws before you adjusted it to 42ws but the CyberCommander always displays that the strobe is at 640ws.

Am I missing something here? Is there some kind of override or update that can be initiated from the CyberCommander?

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 pm

I believe that the CSXCV only receives commands for adjustments to the light unit and displays the results on the light unit and the CC. I don't think it was intended for the light unit to transmit settings commandes to the CC that are made on the light unit itself. In other words the CC is the "Master" and the light unit is the "Slave".

Just my thoughts.

RMS

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:12 pm

[quote="rms956"]I believe that the CSXCV only receives commands for adjustments to the light unit and displays the results on the light unit and the CC...."

OK, I can see how the data stream might only go one way.

Maybe something for the CSXCVmkII?

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Site Admin

rms956 wrote:
I believe that the CSXCV only receives commands for adjustments to the light unit and displays the results on the light unit and the CC. I don't think it was intended for the light unit to transmit settings commandes to the CC that are made on the light unit itself. In other words the CC is the "Master" and the light unit is the "Slave".

Just my thoughts.

RMS

In order to receive real time changes made at the Einstein, the CC would have to be receiving all the time and this would drastically shorten battery life. If you make changes locally at the Einstein, you can transfer them to CC by doing "open studio" from the channel you made local changes to only and this will bring the info into the CC without disturbing the settings for other lights.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Luap,
Fantastic! Thanks.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ]