Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ] 

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Site Admin

Since you are using the Cyber Commander, the CC is overriding the setting on the lights. To turn the slave eye off via the Cyber Commander, go to SET UP>LIGHT SETTINGS>SLAVE EYE=OFF. I recommend being in the ALL channel setting to do this to turn off all Einstein slave eyes at once.

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Since you are using the Cyber Commander, the CC is overriding the setting on the lights. To turn the slave eye off via the Cyber Commander, go to SET UP>LIGHT SETTINGS>SLAVE EYE=OFF. I recommend being in the ALL channel setting to do this to turn off all Einstein slave eyes at once.

Super. That works! Thanks.

Now new question, how do I power off the strobes (either one by one or all) from CC?

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Site Admin

SET UP>LIGHT SETTINGS>POWER=STANDBY

Be sure the channel is set to the intended light or ALL (or GRP). You can also save a setup with the lights off, and one or more with them on. Then when you want to turn them off, just OPEN MEMORY> OPEN FROM SDxx. Then to turn them on again, OPEN FROM SDxy.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 am

Hi, Is it possible to use Cyber Commander to just fire one channel when mount the Commander on the hot shoe of the camera?
Right now I can select individual channel and press the test button to fire only that channel, But when it is mounted on camera all lights are triggered regardless of the channel selection.
Is this by design or a malfunction?

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Site Admin

That is normal operation. To fire only one light via the hotshoe, that light would need to be set up as a group by itself. If you need me to walk you through that, I will gladly do so.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 am

Hi Folks,

I have some Einsteins and a Cyber Commander. On one of my Einsteins, it used to be turning off anytime I left it's channel on the cyber commander. I could get it to fire using the slave and setting the power manually, but I wanted to control it remotely. Doing an "open all" solved that problem, but now when I go through and manually program the Einstein to turn the slave mode off as soon as I press the function button to go all the way through the menu it turns the slave mode back on automatically. If I don't cycle through the whole menu it will turn the slave mode back on if I leave the channel in the Cyber Commander.

How do I get it to leave the slave mode off?

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 am

Site Admin

In each case, the slave eye and power, you are changing the settings on the lights rather than the Cyber Commander. When Cyber Commander is part of the set up, it is in control and will revert any light back to the settings stored in the Cyber Commander. You can either set the slave eye off on the light then reopen it in the OPEN MEMORY screen, or you can change it in the LIGHT SETTINGS screen.

TURNING THE slave eye off
-Press any joystick in any direction on the Cyber Commander to wake it up.
-Once awake, use the left joystick left and right to select the affected channel.
-Use the right joystick left or right to scroll to the SETUP screen
-Use the right joystick up or down to highlight LIGHT SETTINGS, then press in with the right joystick
-Use the right joystick to highlight SLAVE CELL
-Use the left hand joystick UP or DOWN to highlight OFF.
(be careful to not use the left joystick left or right, or you will change channels)
-The slave eye should now be OFF

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Technical Support wrote:
In each case, the slave eye and power, you are changing the settings on the lights rather than the Cyber Commander. When Cyber Commander is part of the set up, it is in control and will revert any light back to the settings stored in the Cyber Commander. You can either set the slave eye off on the light then reopen it in the OPEN MEMORY screen, or you can change it in the LIGHT SETTINGS screen.

TURNING THE slave eye off
-Press any joystick in any direction on the Cyber Commander to wake it up.
-Once awake, use the left joystick left and right to select the affected channel.
-Use the right joystick left or right to scroll to the SETUP screen
-Use the right joystick up or down to highlight LIGHT SETTINGS, then press in with the right joystick
-Use the right joystick to highlight SLAVE CELL
-Use the left hand joystick UP or DOWN to highlight OFF.
(be careful to not use the left joystick left or right, or you will change channels)
-The slave eye should now be OFF

Perfect! I hadn't thought about the CC overriding the manual programming. Works like a charm now. Thank you!

Top Top

#

Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 pm

I own 1 Einstein with 2 more arriving tomorrow. I was just setting up the Cybersynch System tonight and ran into some problems. I have a Nikon D3, and with the Cybersynch Commander in the hotshoe, I cant seem to trigger the flash of the Einstein. The setup went fine, and when I push the right joystick, the test flash fires. But other than that, I can't get the flash to fire. Can you think of something obvious Im missing here?

Top Top

#

Thu May 17, 2012 8:48 am

Site Admin

DavidF wrote:
I own 1 Einstein with 2 more arriving tomorrow. I was just setting up the Cybersynch System tonight and ran into some problems. I have a Nikon D3, and with the Cybersynch Commander in the hotshoe, I cant seem to trigger the flash of the Einstein. The setup went fine, and when I push the right joystick, the test flash fires. But other than that, I can't get the flash to fire. Can you think of something obvious Im missing here?

First, have you been able to trigger from the hotshoe before? Do you have an alternative camera (even a film one) to test on (some cameras can disable the hotshoe*)? Will the CC fire if you plug in the PC cord to the PC socket of the camera?

I am not suggesting these as permanent solutions, just trouble shooting.

*Nikons do have the option (not sure if it is default or not) to assign a button next to the lens (grip side) to enable and disable the flash. If this got toggled, then press it again to toggle back.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 110 posts ]