Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 82 posts ] 

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 pm

I just started using my new CC this weekend for the first time and on each of my first two shoots it rebooted, firing both my Einsteins, when I hit the meter button. I probably only metered 10 times or less in each of these shoots, so not the best success rate.

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Site Admin

Tim and Munzzzzzzz, did you verify battery position and terminal contact as described earlier?

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:03 pm

just started using my replacement CCs yesterday and today. Both are rebooting right out of the box. I don't think it's a battery contact thing anymore. It's the right joystick that is doing it!

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Site Admin

has anyone tried the left joystick? This is pretty much doing the same thing as the right, except metering. if anyone has, is there a similar rate of reboot?

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Technical Support wrote:
has anyone tried the left joystick? This is pretty much doing the same thing as the right, except metering. if anyone has, is there a similar rate of reboot?

I've had 0 reboots using the left joystick

Top Top

#

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:39 am

My battery contacts, etc, are all in good shape. I don't have problems with the left joystick - only the right.

Tim

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:44 am

As best I can tell, everything looks fine with my batteries. The contacts seem to be in the right location and the batteries seem to be making good contact with them. The batteries I'm using are the ones that came with the CC, which I just received, and I had problems within the first few minutes of usage.

Top Top

#

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:56 am

Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into it.

Top Top

#

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Found something interesting while on a shoot yesterday.

If you press the right joystick while the CC tries to reboot it interrupts the reboot cycle and the CC immediately goes back to normal. Like it never tried to reboot.

Don't know if this is something that only works with the CC I've got or if it'll work with all the other CCs out there.

Top Top

#

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Photoflight wrote:
Found something interesting while on a shoot yesterday.

If you press the right joystick while the CC tries to reboot it interrupts the reboot cycle and the CC immediately goes back to normal. Like it never tried to reboot.

Don't know if this is something that only works with the CC I've got or if it'll work with all the other CCs out there.

how about that - I'll give that a try in the morning

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 82 posts ]