Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Old: I'd appreciate some help with how to use my Pocket Wizard Plus units with my ordered Einsteins? I recall that my ABs had a connecting cord to the PW receiver and that the rest of them had built in slaves. Same on the Einsteins?

Future: With the announcement of the MC2 from Paul Buff /Pocket Wizard, will that be a replacement for the Cyber Commander, CSXCVs and the CSTs?--and what new PW/PCB hardware will be necessary?

Any opinions on the CC vs PW approaches?

Many thanks.

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Site Admin

MC2 is not a replacement for CC. It may be an alternative for some users but will not do the advanced studio functions CC does, though I believe it will do rudimentary power control. For some shooters it will do some sync tricks that may be useful. This is an LPA (PW) product that will be sold only through Paul C. Buff so we don't have full details yet.

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks very much for your clarification. I'll continue with my order for a CC and just use my Pocket wizards as a back up. Looking forward to a new way of working.

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Site Admin

It's possible to configure the system so you can control everything from CC and fire from CC, CST or Pocket Wizard.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]