Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 am

I had my cc and 3 csrb+ for 3 weeks and for the last week or so when I meter my 3 ab''s in all mode the cc screen goes blank then shows -firmware 29- and I have to move joystick to turn back on. Then I have to remeter all my lights power setting because they all lose the setting they were on. Second problem is I lose one of my recievers randomly.set on ch3 it just stops working. If I change channel or battery it works sometimes but not always.I can't narrow it down maybe someone here can

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 am

Site Admin

What kind of batteries are you using? Be sure you are using Alkalines or Lithiums, not rechargeables. Second, inspect the battery terminals to make sure they are making good solid contact, and are flat against the battery. Loose connections can cause the reboot.
The batteries should not easily move in the battery holder.

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:11 am

I've tried new duracell and rechargeable and still get same thing and why does it only happen when I meter all [3 ab's] lights and never when I meter one light at a time ?

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:08 am

Site Admin

Hard to say why it reboots only on multiple lights, unless there is a longer signal going out to address multiple lights. Again, be sure the contacts are very snug and contact the battery directly.

As for dropping ch3: Set a different reciever to ch3, and the original reciever to another channel. If the problem follows the channel, then it could be an issue in the Commander, but if it goes away or stays with the reciever set to a new channel, then it is likely in the reciever. By testing this, we can ensure the right part or parts are corrected the first time.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]