Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ] 

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Check this out, PocketWizard TT/Flex platform will soon remotely adjust AB's, WL's and Einsteins. And here is the link: http://bit.ly/PWEinstein

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Site Admin

Remember, that post came from PW, not from me, so I can't comment on the Fall timeframe. Been in enough trouble already for posting timeframes that I wasn't able to control. But indeed we are working with PW on several fronts.

Top Top

#

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 pm

This is a nice complement to the Einstein/Cyber Commander "system".
It would really be nice if there was a reasonable way to incorporate the Einstein into the Canon High Speed Sync scheme using the ControlTL system.

Top Top

#

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:21 am

When is "Fall" ?

Guessing September-October-November ?

Reading between the lines on what Paul wrote, I'm thinking, that he's thinking, that this might be an "optimistic" time-frame :shock: ......

AB

Top Top

#

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 am

PW people have been slipping releases constantly the past few months. I think Paul is just being prudent with the disclaimer. I'm just glad that there is something in the works.

Top Top

#

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Just posting the tweet I've got from David Hobby (did I spell it right?)

Well... if everything went well, it will be great. But I'm more interesting to see PLM V2 available very soon. It's a shame we cant see PLM perform in Zack Arias' latest workshop... It would be great to see the result comparing head to head with other modifiers specially the Octa with the same power, same model, same environment... :(

Top Top

Website

#

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Paul: sounds like you're willing to work w/ other companies for Einstein power control. Would that include Radiopopper if they contact you? Or is this a PW exclusive?
I think that's the only thing missing from my RPJrX and why I'm keeping an AB and WL around instead of going to a full Einstein setup :-)

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Site Admin

You could always relay the remotes. I.E. plug a RP reciever into a CC (or CST), and keep the CC on you for adjustment. The RP's will trigger RP connected lights, as well as the CC/CST, which in turn trigger Einstein.

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Site Admin

kenyee wrote:
Paul: sounds like you're willing to work w/ other companies for Einstein power control. Would that include Radiopopper if they contact you? Or is this a PW exclusive?
I think that's the only thing missing from my RPJrX and why I'm keeping an AB and WL around instead of going to a full Einstein setup :-)

Probably not. LPA did all this work on their own and our agreement for the little bit of info we supplied is that the module be sold by us as a Paul C. Buff product with PW name on it.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ]