Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 19 posts ] 

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Site Admin

As pre-announced some time back, Einstein 640 price will increase to $499.95 on August 1, 2010.

All pre-orders will ship at the original $439.95 price, as will all orders placed before August 1, 2010 via Paul C. Buff USA shopping cart or phone 1-800-443-5542 .

AU and UK prices and timing policies will be set by http://paulcbuff.com.au

It is anticipated that Einstein units shipped after late August 2010 will be V2 versions, with all field issues include modeling lamp heating, PW issues and 220V issues corrected. All International Einstein sales will be V2.

Current Einstein owners will be offered a no-cost exchange for V2 when they are available. (Canadian customers should contact Customer Service for exchange details).

If you are on the pre-order list and prefer to wait for V2 we will be happy to maintain your position on the list and ship V2 as soon as they are available. Should you choose to do this, we will reward your patience and inconvenience with an $50 accessory credit at the time of shipment of V2. This offer only applies to domestic pre-orders because non-pre-orders will receive V2 automatically.

You may discuss and clarify this with our customer service staff at 1-800-443-5542 or by email to info@paulcbuff.com

See: http://www.paulcbuff.com/pcb2009/einstein.html

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 am

Site Admin

We are nearing the end of our long pre-order list, and will be contacting remaining pre-order customers in the next week. All NEW orders placed will still be on BACKORDER while we process and ship all of our remaining pre-orders. Once all pre-orders have been processed/shipped we will start shipping the backordered Einstein™ units in date order as they were received.

Customers now ordering Einstein™ units (and customers with Einstein™ units already on backorder) will be sent Einstein™ units that incorporate the version 2 updates.

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am

Hello People,
I'm new to Paul C buff and I'm looking to buy a Couple of einsteins.

Just out of curiosity, I assumed the shipping and taxes to Australia were a lot more than to the UK so the price would be the same if not cheaper.
However The Einsteins are available in Aussieland for $641 approximately £366

However they cost £417 in the UK.

Are there any factors I'm not considering or is it just region specific pricing ?

And the UK website says the prices are subject to change. Should we expect a price rise shortly?

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:15 am

FWIW, In Oz we used to have various sales taxes and import duties.

The sales tax on an item would of been around 22.5%.

Then there would of been import duty.

OTOH, we had lots of items with less (and sometimes no) tax and services (going to the lawyer etc) were not taxed.

That was all scrapped (with the exception of Import Duty on not-many-consumer-type-goods) and was replaced with a 10% tax on all goods and services, except for fresh food and medical, and some government-supplied services.

So, Many consumer goods that had had duty and then 22.5% sales tax are now a lot cheaper ...............

What is the rate of VAT in the UK, is it still 17.5%, or did I hear something about 25% ??

Cheers,

AB.

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 am

Alphabug wrote:
FWIW, In Oz we used to have various sales taxes and import duties.

The sales tax on an item would of been around 22.5%.

Then there would of been import duty.

OTOH, we had lots of items with less (and sometimes no) tax and services (going to the lawyer etc) were not taxed.

That was all scrapped (with the exception of Import Duty on not-many-consumer-type-goods) and was replaced with a 10% tax on all goods and services, except for fresh food and medical, and some government-supplied services.

So, Many consumer goods that had had duty and then 22.5% sales tax are now a lot cheaper ...............

What is the rate of VAT in the UK, is it still 17.5%, or did I hear something about 25% ??

Cheers,

AB.

Still 17.5% .

I'm assuming the tradeoff is the shipping cost so the price should compare closely.

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am

Terencealvares wrote:
...Still 17.5% .

I'm assuming the tradeoff is the shipping cost so the price should compare closely.

Sorry, Error fingers too fat or brain not in gear (it is 1.00am here :D)

I meant 20%, not 25% !!

Did I hear something about it going from 17.5% to 20%, or is my mind making that up :?

Cheers,

AB

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 am

Site Admin

Prices are based on reseller cost of goods, plus shipping, import duties and fees, VAT, reseller profit (they have to eat, too), and other assundry cost of doing buisness (insurance, rent, utilities, etc). Shipping to different locales and duty and VAT in different locales can and will alter pricing from one region to another, as can exchange rates.

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:08 am

Technical Support wrote:
Prices are based on reseller cost of goods, plus shipping, import duties and fees, VAT, reseller profit (they have to eat, too), and other assundry cost of doing buisness (insurance, rent, utilities, etc). Shipping to different locales and duty and VAT in different locales can and will alter pricing from one region to another, as can exchange rates.

yes I understand thats why I was comparing Uk to Australia and not the US.

Paul Writes:
The same conditions will exist in UK, though the shipping to Europe is less than to AU and eventually we will be able to do ocean freight once the volume permits. But EU VAT taxes are higher.

The UK VAT rate is 17.5% vs. the AUS GST which is 10%

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Site Admin

My comparison was not referring to the US in any way. I was only saying the prices are as low as possible everywhere, but different laws, and different circumstances may dictate price differences (even if converted to USD).

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks TS.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 19 posts ]