Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 72 posts ] 

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:55 am

"The housing is high impact FR ABS . . . no canvas bag. Case includes a substantial removable stand clamp, shoulder strap and instant plug-in fully enclosed battery (no wires involved) two AC outlets. This is a fully evolved package and will be available in 120VAC and 230VAC versions. Target price is $239.95 as of today."

Excellent news!

Had to look up ABS, wasn't sure why your "Always Better Service" had to be flame retardant...

I'll take two.

Really great news. Thanks for this Paul!

Best,
Ed

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:39 pm

OK, this got my attention.

I have a lot of older battery powered gear - Balcar B3, 2 Balcar PSU2 systems, 10 Balcar PSU heads, 2 Norman 200Bs, Norman 200C. My biggest issue over the years has been the variety of batteries - rebuilding or replacing them, keeping them charged, needing extra batteries and several large specialized chargers. The simplicity of having a small inverter or two for use with my Alien Bee flashes will simplify the whole thing. I'll buy at least one unit as soon as it is available.

And the Vagabond could also be used to power a laptop in a pinch. Have you considered also having a holder/adapter that can supply direct DC output from the battery so that one can also use this battery separately from the inverter to power other devices such as a laptop or a small battery powered speedlight? That way I could carry a couple of inverters, one charger, several batteries and be covered for a variety of power needs.

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Great news for us overseas customers.
Now I'll be able to get the new battery as well as 240V version AB's.. rather than 110V and the Vagabond II.
SWEEEEEEEET!

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:35 am

Shipping date, anyone...?

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:07 am

richardj7 wrote:

Luap wrote:
IT'S BEEN COMPLETELY TESTED AND ALL PARTS ARE ON ORDER NOW, WITH ABOUT A 60 DAY ANTICIPATED PRODUCTION START TIME. THESE SHOULD HAVE NO SIGNIFICANT BACKLOG ONCE THEY START SHIPPING.

Page 2 of this thread.

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 am

Site Admin

Redback wrote:
richardj7 wrote:

Luap wrote:
IT'S BEEN COMPLETELY TESTED AND ALL PARTS ARE ON ORDER NOW, WITH ABOUT A 60 DAY ANTICIPATED PRODUCTION START TIME. THESE SHOULD HAVE NO SIGNIFICANT BACKLOG ONCE THEY START SHIPPING.

Page 2 of this thread.

As well, that is for production start time, shipping will be after that. As of right now, we do not have a specific date, but should noto be long after production starts.

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Thanks. Based on message dates, then we should start expecting some shipments early next year.

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Site Admin

We expect to be shipping in November, with no big backlogs or wait times.

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:26 pm

So much the better, then! Thanks.

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:30 pm

I have a large order on hold waiting for Einstein V2. Will the Vagabond Mini Lithiums be available for pre-order in time for me to add them to my order and enjoy the accessory discount from my 3 Einsteins?

Thank you.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 72 posts ]