Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 72 posts ] 

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Luap wrote:
We felt safety orange was appropriate for Vag 2 because it's a high power potentially dangerous piece of gear that you don't want kids playing with. But some shooters think it's tacky. So, OK, you got black.

Cool. To paraphrase from above: if people want the stripe, "that's what safety-orange duct tape is for" :-)

I just got a vagabond in August. Would love to be able to trade it in against one or two of the new units! Probably cheaper to keep it than to pay for return shipping of that heavy beast, though :-)

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Quote:
But some shooters think it's tacky. So, OK, you got black.

Thanks, pro look just like the Einstein.

BTW really good looking design.

PLM, Einstein, PLM II and now The Vagabond Mini™ Lithium. You are on a roll!

Top Top

#

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:53 am

BDP wrote:
Probably cheaper to keep it than to pay for return shipping of that heavy beast, though :-)

I'm in the same boat. Assuming you live in the US, UPS Ground is roughly around $15-$18 for a non-oversized 20lbs package, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Mr. Buff,

I think people have been looking for a good lithium solution for small strobe lights (i.e. nikon SB-800) and since it seems that you already have the power - will there be a way of attaching these at some date in the future?

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 am

Site Admin

The lithium technology we have is likely not going to filter down into a Paul C. Buff product designed to power speedlites. Each brand, and perhaps even some models, will have different requirements, and we do not have the resources to chase the different variations.

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 am

^ Three words = Self-Contained Ringlight!!! :shock:

i wish!
Naw, all joking aside, now with the V Lithium at least it's much more comfortable to bring out an ABR to parties and such...

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am

I believe I'm right in saying the UK supplier buys from paul and then sells them on over here? Are you able to say whether Colin has pre-ordered any 240V minis?

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Site Admin

I can't say for sure if he has an order in right now, however, there is going to be little market in the US for the 240V version. This, combined with only existing overseas customers able to order from us, means Colin will be getting the bulk of these anyway.

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Good to hear :) Thanks for the reply.
Thanks Paul for this product!

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Site Admin

glenburnett wrote:
I believe I'm right in saying the UK supplier buys from paul and then sells them on over here? Are you able to say whether Colin has pre-ordered any 240V minis?

Yes, Colin has placed orders. As another poster mentioned, almost all 230V versions will go to Colin so there should be no delays, other than the shipping time. We are shipping everything to Colin by air freight and it is really expensive for both of us.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 72 posts ]