Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ] 

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 pm

I have seen, somewhere, a photo of a "mod" (kludge) where someone used a cord or some other attachment to the modifier and then ran it thru the umbrella mount, tied it off to basically pull up and back just slightly on the modifier, easing the load on the fingers.

There might be a slicker way to do it, with a metal rod that fits in the shaft mount, has a little L bend in it, or a short tab affixed to one end. Install the rod, slide all the way back, tab or bend up, then mount the softbox. Slide the rod out, twist it so the tab is down, push it back tight against the upper rim of the speed ring, and tighten the umbrella mount thumbscrew. Just thinking out loud, without my light in front of me, so this may be a useless idea :-)

Top Top

Website

#

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:01 am

With heavy softbox, it's better to attach the light stand to the speedring and not the strobe.
The Photoflex SC-B9005PBR speedring adapter is what I use with my 2m octa. The strobe is then just hanging from the speedring, the weight and torque of the softbox is carried by the light stand.

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 pm

photopat wrote:
With heavy softbox, it's better to attach the light stand to the speedring and not the strobe.
The Photoflex SC-B9005PBR speedring adapter is what I use with my 2m octa. The strobe is then just hanging from the speedring, the weight and torque of the softbox is carried by the light stand.

How are you attaching the SC-B9005PBR to the light stand? Does the ring have a thread or ??

Thanks,
David

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 pm

DavidSutphin wrote:

How are you attaching the SC-B9005PBR to the light stand? Does the ring have a thread or ??

Thanks,
David

Yes, you can buy a mount which will screw to your speedring and then attach to the light stand. The light then simply hangs off the back.

Top Top

#

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ]