Login

Post a reply
 [ 21 posts ] 

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Luap wrote:
bob_defly wrote:
Does anyone find this a bit odd?

Quote:
Test 3: This was a spot check using two AlienBees™ B1600 units, both set to full 640 Ws output (1280 Ws total). The recycle time was found to be about 7 seconds. No further life testing was done with this combination, and the battery life is presumed to be approximately 250 shots per charge.

One shot and no further testing, what is that all about?

I work in a hi-tech organisation in which battery technology is a signigficant part of what we do, we test up the ying yang just to make sure, and this can take months. I don't understand why you wouldn't do a significant number of tests with the AB's, which is probably what they'll be used with most.

Don't you have anyone to write test scripts?

Don't know where your quote came from, but I find your post a bit out of line. I have done very complete battery life tests, yielding 510 shots per charge on an AB 1600 and 440 shots per charge on a single Einstein 640. I can say with authority that Vagabond Mini Lithium will do at least 250 shots per charge with two 640WS AB1600s at Full Power. We have done dozens of tests using 1, 2, 3 and 4 ABs/WLs and Einsteins, and Zeus 1250WS and 2500WS units.

I'm glad you work in a "hi tech organization" . . . I own one and don't need anyone to write test scripts at the moment.

I don't think anyone wants us to wait several months to release the product because you think we should. We (myself in particular) know exactly what the battery does.

I noticed you just joined this forum today. Did you join for the express purpose of challenging my company as you first post? That doesn't go over real well with our long established members and customers.

You'll find the quote here Paul:
http://www.alienbees.com/vmini.html

:D

I don't think it's taken out of context BIC. I am someone looking for reliable portable power, I expect that product info on the website is comprehensive, I shouldn't have to go and "read all the posts" as you put it. If the testing is much more comprehensive for two AB's then say so on the website, what is on there currently only raises questions. Your technical tests may be perfect, but the copy is confusing.

And no Paul, I didn't join just to berate you with my first post, I joined to ask a very valid question, seeing as I have just placed an order for nearly $1,500 all in. :P

My lights are on their way, and the VG Mini will be winging it's way when ready. So there!

:)

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 21 posts ]