Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:40 am

I just received 2 of my 6 v2 Einstein's. I have a problem with the other one...Ready STATUS is NOT going GREEN. Flash will fire but very very low power. I tried to flash the firmware already but to no avail problem is still there. Adjustment of modelling lamp is not possible also...it stays in one dim position. Anyone have a solution for this or do i have to ship it back? Frustrating :!: Tried replacing flash tube also..did not help.

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:26 am

Site Admin

Try the same without using CSXCV, if you are using them. If you are, a Cyber Commander may be telling the light to standby/go dormant. If no CSXCV helps, you will need to contact customer service regarding warranty service.

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Tried with and without csxcv. Still the same. Tks.

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Jan G wrote:
I just received 2 of my 6 v2 Einstein's. I have a problem with the other one...Ready STATUS is NOT going GREEN. Flash will fire but very very low power. I tried to flash the firmware already but to no avail problem is still there. Adjustment of modelling lamp is not possible also...it stays in one dim position. Anyone have a solution for this or do i have to ship it back? Frustrating :!: Tried replacing flash tube also..did not help.

One of my four Einsteins had a similar problem (See my thread here). When I called and spoke to tech support on the phone, they guessed something internal like a capacitor broke off or came loose during shipment. Seeing as some stuff also arrived crushed and banged up a bit, you know UPS seems to completely ignore the 'fragile' and 'this side up' bits. Einsteins are obviously fired multiple times before shipping (you can check this by going to the diagnosis screen and seeing how many flash fires have been counted), so odds are damage occured during shipping.

Top Top

#

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 am

Site Admin

Jan G wrote:
Tried with and without csxcv. Still the same. Tks.

Contact customer service for replacements.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]