Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 pm

According to the call I just received from PCB, Inc about my replacement Einsteins, they are sending me my replacements in 1-2 days and everything they are shipping starting this week will have the temporary fixes/adjustments to reduce the issues people have with the speed ring mounting system.

They estimate in 45 days they will have the replacement parts and will start swapping Einsteins with the real fix.

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Update: I just received another call letting me know what the temporary fix is. It sounds like a modified version of BigIronCruiser's idea. I'm told they are shipping 'black rubber bands' that will attach to the umbrella mount to help keep tension. Again, this is just a temporary fix until they have new parts in an estimated 45 days.

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Wow! I'm a long time fan of PCB, having purchased some of his first White Lightnings way way back in the day (I still have them, by the way, and they still work, although they have been heavily ((ab)used). Early on I discovered they were a rock-solid outfit that stood by their merchandise, who did not quibble over having to ship you replacements. The fact that I just plunked down $1400 for Einsteins and accessories should attest to my confidence in this organization to get it right and to continue to support their products. I should be receiving my set next week if all goes well after 3 months of waiting. Even with all the initial problems with V1 and now V2, I'm still stoked to get my hands on this leading-edge light.

But... rubber bands??? Luap, I'm going to start calling you McGyver. LOL!

Just one suggestion - you may want to consider redesigning the casing altogether in V3. A handle would be nice!

Luap, keep on doing innovative stuff with light and light modifiers. You're business model has been long discarded by Wallstreet-types to their shame, and to the near demise of the U.S. economy (the world economy, really). Please receive my order as a vote for you and the "old American way". Thanks!!!

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:39 pm

yubo53 wrote:
But... rubber bands??? Luap, I'm going to start calling you McGyver. LOL!

Just one suggestion - you may want to consider redesigning the casing altogether in V3. A handle would be nice!

45 days of MacGyver are better than no lights for 45 days. It works for me.

A handle would be nice, if it didn't mess with the overall integrity of the case, but I doubt they will redesign the whole casing.

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Is this only a known issue with V2 lights? I've had a PCB foldable softbox fall off twice now with my V1's, but not 100% it wasn't my fault. Never had them fall off my Bees though.

Top Top

#

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:54 am

Site Admin

It is only a problem with some v2 lights. We did a comparison test yesterday, and the V1's didn't budge.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]